Sunday, September 26, 2010

:(

Well,
I am not sure where to start with this. The last few days have been really long. For those that don't know, I went and got my 20 week ultrasound. The doctor there thought I should have an MRI done because she thought the baby might have dandy walker syndrome. She didn't really answer my questions really well, and she made me feel uncomfortable. So I waited till I talked to my normal doctor, he said we should go ahead and do the MRI.

On Friday, I went and did the MRI. I was still hoping for the best. Well all weekend it was pretty much all that I could think about. I couldn't wait any longer and I called the nurse on Monday morning. She called me back a couple of hours later and told me the MRI confirmed that my baby has Dandy-Walker.

So now I am trying to still hope for the best. Some people have this and are fine. However that isn't always the case. So i don't even know what to expect. I am so worried about my little one. This world is hard enough and for her to come into the world and has a problem to start with...it is just so unfair for such a small little baby. I feel like I should be doing something for her. But there really isn't much for me to do. I am praying for her, but besides that there isn't much to do.

I am going to talk to a doctor on Wednesday and see where to go form here. They have mentioned sending me to Japan or Hawaii to have my baby. I don't know what the chances are? It is just kinda scary. I would rather stay here, but of course I will do what I need to for the baby.

I just have no idea what to expect and I hate to plan for the worst, I am not even sure what that means. Hopefully the doctor that I talk to on Wednesday will help with some of the questions that we have....


Here is a website that talks about it. I know there aren't many people that have heard of it. I didn't know anything about it.
http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/dandywalker/dandywalker.htm

2 comments:

Alys said...

I know you have to be feeling so helpless right now because there is nothing you can do. Hopefully everything will be fine. But, you have to remember that Heavenly Father is sending you and Ben this special spirit for a reason and he knows you can take care of her and give her the love and care that she needs. You will be in my prayers.

The Stevens Family said...

We are praying for you and your family. I hope that someone can give you more answers and know that we are all hoping for the best! She is one special little girl and is so lucky to have you for her mother :)