Monday, February 21, 2011

ER

We had a very eventful day on Saturday. We ended up in the ER.

The reason that I felt like I should post this is because I saw one thread about what you are thankful for and I could write all of this in one short sentence.

So here is the story.

My family, including grandma, were all in the car. We decided to get some Micky D's and then grab some fried pies at another place. We were in the drive thru. Grandma was feeding Kenzie french fries. We are just talking and waiting for our food. Grandma looks back and says Ben somethings wrong. I looked back and saw my daughter, I still can't get that image out of my mind. She was all tensed up and he eyes were rolling back in her head. Very scary. My husband jumped in the back and got her out. Turned her over and did the heimlich. He got her in the back or our durango. While he was doing that Grandma and I were calling 911. She dialed and then handed me the phone, I couldn't stop shaking to even call.

My husband got her breathing again just as the ambulance showed up. We went to the hospital. We weren't sure if she has been chocking or she has a seizure. My husband did get some food out of here mouth. They did a whole bunch or tests just to make sure. It took a few hours for her to get back to normal. And all the tests came back fine. We even had some one come and give her a blessing at the hospital.

I just wanted to say how very thankful I am that I still have my little girl here with us. I am thankful for my husband making us take a CPR class about 2 weeks ago. I am also thankful for Ben, the doctor said that he saved our little girls life. I am so thankful for my mother in law, that she looked back and saw that my daughter needed help. I am thankful for the men coming from church to give her a blessing she perked up not long after they left. But most of all I am thankful that God gave us what we needed to help our little girl. And that he let us keep here here with us.

Needless to say there will be no more french fries in the car!

2 comments:

The Stevens Family said...

How scary! I am so glad everything is o.k. and that Kenzie is doing well now. I think maybe we will start a no french fries in car rule.

Alys said...

So glad everything is okay. How scary!